Automated Webinar Guide
Welcome to the Automated Webinar Guide. On this site we explore all things “automated” and “webinar” related. Many online marketers are simply unaware of the current boom in the field of automated webinars. As a matter of fact, many of them are still unclear of what they actually are. Not to worry. At Automated Webinar Guide we dissect these things once and for all. Hopefully giving you the online marketing edge you’ve been looking for. Let’s get started…
Webinars got their start in the early 2000s. They’re pretty much a “virtual” meeting place which occurs online. One of the older webinar companies to gain popularity was GoToWebinar.com. The general premise of their service was to offer a centralized place where participants could join in, and watch a presentation from the hosts CPU monitor. Let’s do a quick example:
Let’s say a sales manager at a company wanted to review some stats with his sales team. The only problem was that the team was located throughout the country. The manager would simply setup a Go To Webinar event, and send everyone of his sales guys an email. The email would have a link to the event, and specify the time the event would take place. Once the date arrived, all of his sales members would be logged in on their computers throughout the country, and watch the same screen for the presentation.
What was on this screen? Glad you asked.
Since the manager was the host of this event, the webinar was configured to display his computer desktop. This all happened in real-time, although a slight time delay was typical. At this point if the manager decided to pull up his Power Point presentation, all of his sales team would see it. They would also be able to hear him through their speakers, as these events allowed the host to talk into his laptop/desktop mic.
And that was pretty much the start of the webinar phenomenon.
Well, as you can imagine, it wasn’t too long before savvy online marketers started using this technique to pitch products to their email lists. The method was pretty much the same as the example above. The marketer would setup his Power Point presentation. He would then send a broadcast email out to his email list, and wait for the webinar event to get on live, and pitch his product to everyone that showed up.
Now of course people wouldn’t simply show up to sit through a 90 minute presentation with you trying to sell them something. This is precisely why the presenter would give away enticing free information which lead to a product pitch towards the end.
Make no mistake about this method of using a webinar to make additional online sales. This particular technique made many marketers and online entrepreneurs A LOT of money. This was especially true in the beginning. However, as with everything else, the overall effectiveness began to decrease. Let’s look at some of the reasons why.
What Went Wrong?
There were a couple of issues that started to derail the overall effectiveness of the webinar sales presentation. Here’s a quick rundown:
1. The presenter/host (i.e. online marketer, product guru, etc.) would have to run these events live. In other words, he literally had to be available on which ever time he set for this event. So if he sent out a mass emailing to his list stating that the event was going to happen at 7:00 PM Eastern Time on Thursday… he had better be there. This is a problem of course, since if an emergency came up there could be a few hundred people logged in looking at a blank screen.
2. Then there is the presentation to keep in mind. Not everyone is comfortable with speaking in front of an audience – especially for an hour, or two. You had better know exactly what it is you’re going to say, and the manner in which you’ll be saying it. There’s nothing worse then when a so-called “expert” starts fumbling over his words in the middle of a sales pitch.
3. Time limitations were another big issue that eventually rendered these methods ineffective. Since you physically had to be at your computer desk at a certain time to host the event, it meant you couldn’t be anywhere else. The webinar required your undivided attention. So if you wanted to host, say 4 events a week, it pretty much meant that the majority of your focus that week – would be hosting those webinars.
4. Technical issues – the biggest headache of them all! Traditional webinar setup meant that the presenter of the webinar event had to host it from his/her computer. Having a solid internet connection was a must. If the internet connection was lost, you’d have a couple hundred subscribers staring at a blank screen while you scrambled to figure out how to reconnect. An extremely unpleasant situation.
There are a ton of other issues as well that can be added to this list. However, instead of looking at all the negatives, let us now focus on how things have changed.
My How Things Have Changed!
These days using webinar methods as a marketing tool is like day and night when compared to the Go To Webinar dinosaur technology. Primarily because of automated webinar developments. Automated webinars allow the host the ability to put on webinar, not worry about showing up to the event, and having complete indifference about the quality of his internet connection. How does it all work? Let’s take a look…
The webinar event is prerecorded by the host at his or her leisure. Now you may be saying to yourself, “I thought these webinars were supposed to be live event?” the answer is YES, or more precisely – YES they must appear like live events. More on this later.
Once your event is pre-recorded, the next step is to set it up to play at your specified time. In order to do this, you will need an automated webinar replay service. These companies host your webinar replay on professional grade servers that have an uptime of 99.8 % – giving you the piece of mind that your webinar is guaranteed to play without any technical issues.
There are only a small number of automated webinar replay services out there. The reason is due to the fact that this technology is still under the radar. Out of the handful of companies providing this service, StealthSeminar.net has an 85% market share – and for good reason. This company was the first to introduce automated webinar replays (at least with the type of advanced functionality we’re describing here).
Once your video is set up at Stealth Seminar, the next step is to send the invites to your email list. After that your work is pretty much done. But it gets much better than this. Here’s a list of the best ways to utilize automated webinars:
- Instead of offering a free ebook on your opt in page, you can offer a free webinar – with an up sell at the end. The effectiveness of a multimedia presentation will squash written text format 5 to 1 any day.
- Perpetual Launch. If you haven’t heard of this yet, here’s how it works. Once your subscriber begins to receive your automated email responders, you invite them to a new product offering being released “next week”. However, what they’ll be viewing is a prerecorded event that will look and feel as if it’s a brand new product launch. The best part, it happens automatically without any additional involvement from you.
- Around the clock webinars. This one is a bit more advanced, but well worth the time to set up. A webinar opt in page is created that identifies the time and date that a visitor signs up. Based on this information, a viewing time for the next webinar event falls within an hour of opt in time. This is an extremely powerful technique which almost always guarantees you an audience.
There are a limitless number of methods that can be utilized with automated webinars. Your imagination is the only limit. But for right now, you might want to pick up a few tricks from the people that created this technology. Visit StealthSeminar.net and download all of their free resources. Their tutorial section is second to none.
Video Tutorials – Setting Up Automated Webinars
In this video tutorial section – Setting Up Automated Webinars – we’ll be going over some the features and requirements for setting up webinar events at StealthSeminar.net. Again, we are using Stealth Seminar simply because they are currently the best and highest rated automated webinar replay service provider out there. Their control panel is also extremely intuitive and user-friendly. Click on the link below to watch the videos: